Handy Tech Tips
Don't let your unsaved effort go to waste!
30 September 2017
Ever accidentally deleted or closed a document without saving your changes? Maybe you suddenly lost power or some other 3rd party disaster stopped interrupted your work before you could save your work. In this article we walk through how to recover a lost document in 5 very easy steps.
1. Open the Office Application you were using. Such as Word, Visio, PowerPoint or Excel.
2. Click the blue file button in the top left hand corner:
3. Click ‘Open’, the third option from the top:
4. You’ll see a list of recently opened documents. Scroll to the bottom of the list and you’ll see the option at the bottom ‘Click Unsaved Documents’.
5. You’ll see a list of unsaved documents which you can now recover:
Click recover unsaved documents if you are in Word 2010, Recover unsaved Workbooks, if you are in excel 2010 or Recover Unsaved Presentations if you are in PowerPoint.
That is all there is to it! Best practices is of course to always save your documents regularly in case of a disaster. However with this knowledge your work should now be safe even if you forget to save.